Tuesday, October 27, 2009

victory rolls ???

Photobucket

So as I have already said I like the pin up look, but have never really mastered it myself. Last night I got a wild hair to try it. I wanted to blog about it and what came up to this. After watching several tutorials on you tube and some failed tries this is what i have discovered. Let me tell you that I have tried almost all the tutorials. Even the "cheating ones" to where they are feau victory rolls. My hair is extremely long , well too long for my taste at the moment. So i started to think none of the conventional ways would work for me. It took about an hour for my original bangs post I did a while back and even that did not turn out quite the way I wanted to. I have several splint ends right now to so just looping and rolling my hair around my fingers the authentic way was getting really sloppy.

I came across a tutorial where a girl used foam curlers and hid them well enough in her hair that she still got the look of the victory roll but my hair is also extremely thin. So every time I tried this technique I could not hide the curler as much as i tried.I also saw several tutorials with girls who just twisted their hair so it looked like victory rolls. This also did not work for me because with thin hair comes flat volume less hair. *sigh* so I was frustrated.

Then one night while playing with my hair I finally figured out a technique that just might work. Instead of starting at the base of my hair "the vintage way" I grabbed the section of my hair that i needed and used one hand to hold up the hair putting the section of hair in between my fingers (think "live long and prosper"). then i would wrap the hair around two of the fingers not to tight but not too loose. I needed room to pull my fingers out but still be able to hold the curl...tricky and hard to do I admit. Probably the long way too and if you do not get it the first couple of times your arms get really tired of being on top of your head. Pin like crazy and spray with hair spray. Since my hair is really long I did not roll my hair all the way up. i had a little over an inch on each side that I had to pin back...but here is my end result.

If anyone has some suggestions on how I can do this better and faster I would really appreciate it. I will be going as a pin up girl trick or treating with my kidlins so there will probably be another set of pictures next week.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment