Thursday, December 17, 2009

Special Ornaments

Everyone should have a special ornament to hang on the tree. It creates such a memory and makes decorating the tree just a lil more special.
Photobucket
These as you can tell are my kids first ornaments . Both have a bear theme...hmm maybe all of theirs will. They are still young so I have time to decide that :) They also each have a silver bell ornament with their first initial on it. Putting up these ornaments is like getting to unwrap a early present especially to my daughter. She was so happy to hang her own on the tree. Being the oldest she also gets to put the star on the tree, it's cute to see my husband lift her up to put it up there.

Photobucket

This is one of a dozen of my porcelain angels. I begged my mom for them when I was an adult with my own Christmas tree. I need to research it a bit more but these angels are my lil bit of vintage for the holidays as they are keepsakes from before my mom was born. I'm not really sure how old they are but for me they are a huge connection between my grandma and me (as far as I know she bought them.)
Do you have a special ornament? I'd love to hear about it

No comments:

Post a Comment